9.3.08

And so we begin...


I will confess that I did not leave dreary New England tearfully:














I will spare you the tedium of weather delays, pre-dawn taxi rides, and jet lag. Suffice it to say, I woke up in paradise, or at least a very well-composed simulacrum:
First thing Sunday morning, I ran down to Bouchon for a civilized breakfast:


Here is a mediocre shot of the interior, which is classic brasserie. The restaurant overlooks a beautiful pool garden area. Definitely a great way to start off a vacation.And here is the breakfast of champions: a Snake River Farms pork chop with two fried eggs

This dish was, I have to say, pretty average. The pork chop was topped with applesauce and an apple relish, which were very odd with the egg. That being said, the apple relish demonstrates the Keller aesthetic- a quenelle of bruniose is certainly not expected in a bistro setting:Well- no rest for the weary. It's off to the spa for yoga and a massage in preparation for my dinner at Guy Savoy!

No comments: